New heaters question

AVVITT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm upgrading my tank and buying new heaters. I've seen lots of conflicting info everywhere about the best approach.
I'm definitely getting an inkbird controller but also seen DD titanium heaters which are really expensive but get great reviews and being German they are good quality.
I suppose the other thing I could do is go cheap in a couple of glass heaters and use the inkbird to control the temperature instead?

What are your thoughts and experiences?

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally i use multiple 200watt aqueon heaters with inkbirds(undersized for my volume). Can find on sale for around $20. The inkbird protects me if they get stuck on so i test independently every few months(in case my inkbird fails also it would get bad if multiple heaters failed on). They seem to last me only a year or two...then it is about $5 shipping to return them and they send me back a new one for free(lifetime warranty).

Just to add in the past i used "high quality"(expensive) heaters. I found they had trouble within a couple years normally also so rather go with cheap option and lifetime warranty

ScottJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the inkbird controller. I mostly use Aqueon Pro heaters Myself. They are some kind of composite material, not glass. Not to expensive to replace, although I've never had one fail.

Dunc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
According to BRS, the Cobalts were the most accurate from the testing they performed. They beat out heaters with controllers.
1617492162428.png

Scorpius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ranco/Aqualogic controller dual stage. Chiller or fan for cooling if needed in summer. 2- Eheim Thermocontrol E heaters. Separate audible alarm backup for heater/controller failure Min/Max temp setting.

Scorpius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
According to BRS, the Cobalts were the most accurate from the testing they performed. They beat out heaters with controllers.
1617492162428.png
I've had so many of these fail on me. No thanks. Never again.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you looked into the Innovative Marine Helios set up? I have one, love the stability, among other points.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 74 51.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 73 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 32 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.3%
Back