New Heaters

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even if thats true, I'd much rather support BRS as they provide immense value to me as a hobbyist. Plus I know if I have a problem thier customer service is as good as it gets!
Until it isn’t and you end up with an unresolved issue. It was a minor issue, but wasn’t fixed.

Inkbird have done warranty replacement for me in two days- from email in FB group to getting the package in the mail.

Justintegra99

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I imagine I probably will check for this heater on a black Friday deal if it goes on sale. Instead of using my Apex for primary heater control, I'll probably use it for emergency control. Set the BRS controller to 77.5-79, and then have an alarm on my Apex if it detects temp below 75, and shut off the outlet and trigger alarm if it detects temp above 81.00. It shouldn't feel too clunky at that point I don't expect.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You folks are cooking with gas. Nice addition to the line up. I heard you mention wifi would be nice, now add a light timer
and you give it a whole new dimension. WTG

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You folks are cooking with gas. Nice addition to the line up. I heard you mention wifi would be nice, now add a light timer
and you give it a whole new dimension. WTG

In my opinion, light timers are dying products as everything shifts to smart LED fixtures. Now for $100 you get a Wifi-Dimmable 165w led fixture on ebay.

Even apex outlets aren't as valuable anymore... many just use them for wattage related code. Smart pumps starting at $45 with 0-10v input negate the need for cutting power, smart powerheads starting at $40 negate the need for oscillating codes, etc.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back