New here but not to reefing

Welcome to the Reef. Can I ask an odd question? why did you go with a peninsula against a wall?

You'd have to know my wife to get that answer completely. Short version - I wanted the ghost overflow and she didn't want any external plumbing at all, because of fear of leaks. I needed extra space for all the gear I added from the old to this new tank and the peninsula fit both requirements.

Fact is the returns are external now, just not the drains...LOL.
 
Welcome to R2R!!

giphy (30).gif
 
Thanks, appreciate that - I had G3s before and about a year ago I got the G4s with the diffusers and thought they were great. I dumped the diffusers now and with them on this tank I'm on the fence. Wondered if I should have went the T5/LED route instead.
9ED324B3-1925-4B8B-80FC-FC80E64A459B.gif

Welcome to the R2R family!

When you decide the led/t5 debate let me know...
I started with G3’s on first tank,
Traded the G3’s in for a t5/ledS on current tank, sold it because I liked the Radion led’s more
Now I have the G4’s but can’t decide wether I like the diffusers on or off
AND now I’m thinking about another t5/led combo using my G4’s
 
hi welcome to the reef going to love it here!!
lots of fun/info/fun/help/fun....
nice pics!!!..we all love pics.. :)
 
9ED324B3-1925-4B8B-80FC-FC80E64A459B.gif

Welcome to the R2R family!

When you decide the led/t5 debate let me know...
I started with G3’s on first tank,
Traded the G3’s in for a t5/ledS on current tank, sold it because I liked the Radion led’s more
Now I have the G4’s but can’t decide wether I like the diffusers on or off
AND now I’m thinking about another t5/led combo using my G4’s

Since I just ceiling mounted the G4s last week, I think I'm committed to staying strictly LEDs. I need to get my tank stabilized and start growing corals again. The aquarium upgrade has really set me back more than I originally expected.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new