New here, new to reefing

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all -

I'm very excited to say that I just got buy-in from my better half to start a reef tank for the family. I've been down the Youtube rabbit hole for a long time now, so I'm excited to bring it to life in our home. As I'm just starting the journey I don't have anything yet (except excitement), but I have poked around a lot on websites like BRS and checked out a couple of my local fish shops as well (in Minneapolis/St. Paul). I'll also be scouring Craigslist/Facebook to see if there are any good deals out there on good used equipment (though I'm expecting to probably end up needing to start from scratch with the aquascape/live stock). I think I'll post some of my initial questions in the "New to Saltwater" forum instead of here. But I at least wanted to say hello here.

I can't wait to get started. Looking forward to all the great advice I'm sure I'll find here on the site.

Cheers!
David
Welcome to R2R
Welcome to R2R.JPG

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all -

I'm very excited to say that I just got buy-in from my better half to start a reef tank for the family. I've been down the Youtube rabbit hole for a long time now, so I'm excited to bring it to life in our home. As I'm just starting the journey I don't have anything yet (except excitement), but I have poked around a lot on websites like BRS and checked out a couple of my local fish shops as well (in Minneapolis/St. Paul). I'll also be scouring Craigslist/Facebook to see if there are any good deals out there on good used equipment (though I'm expecting to probably end up needing to start from scratch with the aquascape/live stock). I think I'll post some of my initial questions in the "New to Saltwater" forum instead of here. But I at least wanted to say hello here.

I can't wait to get started. Looking forward to all the great advice I'm sure I'll find here on the site.

Cheers!
David

Hi David & Better Half! Welcome! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I wish I had started while still in planning phase. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Some of those early photos (like shims on floor before my used tank setup arrived) I still haven't found... Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back