New here! Tips and advice welcome!

michelleb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! I’m new to this forum. I’ve been involved in saltwater aquariums for about two years and still learning! I have a 30 gal with 5 fish a new sebae Anenome which I need help with. I’ve had him for about 4 days and bout some krill to feed him and he won’t take it. So I don’t know what else I should try and I don’t want him to die. Any advice? I will post some pics later of my tank….advice for the best temperature to keep the water. Not sure what I have it on now I need to check. We’ll look forward to being a part of this group! Thanks

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! I’m new to this forum. I’ve been involved in saltwater aquariums for about two years and still learning! I have a 30 gal with 5 fish a new sebae Anenome which I need help with. I’ve had him for about 4 days and bout some krill to feed him and he won’t take it. So I don’t know what else I should try and I don’t want him to die. Any advice? I will post some pics later of my tank….advice for the best temperature to keep the water. Not sure what I have it on now I need to check. We’ll look forward to being a part of this group! Thanks
Welcome to da Reef!

OP
OP
michelleb

michelleb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi and welcome ,hope all is well ^_^

Best start a new thread regarding any question and pick a forum

When I Start new thread I press the following outlined and pick a forum which needed

Screenshot_20211028-204318_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20211028-204326_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20211028-204344_Chrome.jpg
Oh wow! Great! I will do that. I didnt know. Appreciate it.

jgirardnrg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome aboard!

Give the nem time... 4 days is not a long time. I feed my anemones slices of frozen clams. Go down to the supermarket and buy a couple fresh clams and toss them in the freezer. When they're frozen I crack the shell and slice off thin slices with a razor blade. I feed these thin strips to the nems using tongs. One of my Rainbows is the size of my head.

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I have two clowns but no host. What do you suggest?
Search R2R for anemone hosting for recommendations. Some people recommend getting a tube and put the clown in the tube and position the tube over the anemone.

RedReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!! I wouldn't worry too much about feeding as long as you lights are sufficient. Four days old is really new. Let the nem get settled in. I don't feed my nems, you'll be fine if your water and lights are correct. Glad your here!

OP
OP
michelleb

michelleb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome aboard!

Give the nem time... 4 days is not a long time. I feed my anemones slices of frozen clams. Go down to the supermarket and buy a couple fresh clams and toss them in the freezer. When they're frozen I crack the shell and slice off thin slices with a razor blade. I feed these thin strips to the nems using tongs. One of my Rainbows is the size of my head.
Great advice thank you. This is what I have…

Attachments

• 59219DBB-C31F-4AF7-9BAD-540DAD0EE5A9.jpeg
    59219DBB-C31F-4AF7-9BAD-540DAD0EE5A9.jpeg
    187.2 KB · Views: 23
OP
OP
michelleb

michelleb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Search R2R for anemone hosting for recommendations. Some people recommend getting a tube and put the clown in the tube and position the tube over the anemone.
Oh wow that sounds wild lol ok I will look it up and get recommendations. I’m a novice to all this still. Thanks so much.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.4%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 31 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back