0   0   0
WtR2R 10.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Welcome from across the globe and to the R2R community !!

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi i am from the Netherlands. I joined a while ago and enjoying all the available info and discussions.
Started my first reef tank around 2006 but had to leave the hobby acter some years due to several deployments.

Decided to start again earlier this year. First started to watch like a ton of brs, tidal garden and other yt content. Which really helped. All this info and equipment updates really make this hobby a lot easier that it used to be imo. Hats of for brs and tidal content.

My tank:
Red sea reefer 250
Radion xr30g4 running ab plus with longer ramp times
De barry 25w uv sterilizer.
Pacific sun co2 scrubber
Seneye
Reefwave 25
Active carbon reactor.

Lifestock. 2 tangs (took them from someone else, will be replaced for smaller ones when they grow too big)
2 anemone fish, copperband, 2 pipefish, cleaner wrasse.

Korals. Mainly mixed reef. Sps corals under hotspot om 250 par, left side euphyllia garden, right side goniopora. Some ricordeas which have multiplied from 1 to 5.

Dosing a local brand which has been released a while back as a 1 part dosing system based on kh consumption called reef elixer. Also dosing reef fuel once every 2 days from the same brand to reduce nitrate.
Dosing phosphate daily because the levels are hardly detectable.
Also dosing live copepods weekly to keep the pipefish wel fed.

Started 01st of june with two aquaroche pillars and the rest liferock. Waited until amonia levels (nh3) dropped according to my seneye before starting with two clowns and some corals. Checked rest of parameters every 3 days for some weeks. Now weekly

Coral growth is currently increasing for most corals at least.
Levels at this moment ph 8.2, 2 nitrate, 0.3 phosphate, 430 calcium, 1300 mg, 9kh.

Planning to upgrade to either a kh guardian, apex or kh director. Not sure yet what to choose. Also thinking of swapping the xr30g4 to two xr15 g5 blue. To spread more evenly.

All is running fairly smooth and a lot is thanks to the info on this forum.
20200926_230840.jpg

IMG-20200920-WA0013.jpg

20200926_224210.jpg
Welcome!! What kind of copepods are you adding to your tank?

-Chad

OP
OP
J

Jcb01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi i am not sure about the exact species but they are reddish. We don't have a lot of choice here with regarde to live ones.
Btw i noticed lately my pipefish are starting to accept some frozen foods so i can cut back a bit on the pods since they are sometimes hard to get over here. But its kind of fun to watch the pipefish searching for them in between the rocks.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

SirHealsALot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi i am from the Netherlands. I joined a while ago and enjoying all the available info and discussions.
Started my first reef tank around 2006 but had to leave the hobby acter some years due to several deployments.

Decided to start again earlier this year. First started to watch like a ton of brs, tidal garden and other yt content. Which really helped. All this info and equipment updates really make this hobby a lot easier that it used to be imo. Hats of for brs and tidal content.

My tank:
Red sea reefer 250
Radion xr30g4 running ab plus with longer ramp times
De barry 25w uv sterilizer.
Pacific sun co2 scrubber
Seneye
Reefwave 25
Active carbon reactor.

Lifestock. 2 tangs (took them from someone else, will be replaced for smaller ones when they grow too big)
2 anemone fish, copperband, 2 pipefish, cleaner wrasse.

Korals. Mainly mixed reef. Sps corals under hotspot om 250 par, left side euphyllia garden, right side goniopora. Some ricordeas which have multiplied from 1 to 5.

Dosing a local brand which has been released a while back as a 1 part dosing system based on kh consumption called reef elixer. Also dosing reef fuel once every 2 days from the same brand to reduce nitrate.
Dosing phosphate daily because the levels are hardly detectable.
Also dosing live copepods weekly to keep the pipefish wel fed.

Started 01st of june with two aquaroche pillars and the rest liferock. Waited until amonia levels (nh3) dropped according to my seneye before starting with two clowns and some corals. Checked rest of parameters every 3 days for some weeks. Now weekly

Coral growth is currently increasing for most corals at least.
Levels at this moment ph 8.2, 2 nitrate, 0.3 phosphate, 430 calcium, 1300 mg, 9kh.

Planning to upgrade to either a kh guardian, apex or kh director. Not sure yet what to choose. Also thinking of swapping the xr30g4 to two xr15 g5 blue. To spread more evenly.

All is running fairly smooth and a lot is thanks to the info on this forum.
20200926_230840.jpg

IMG-20200920-WA0013.jpg

20200926_224210.jpg
What a beauty. Love the pipe-fish. Welcome :)

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 32 60.4%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back