Status
Not open for further replies.

pdxmonkeyboy

Sticks!! Give me the sticks!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My LFS has been dosing FixICK and he stated that he has seen pretty impressive results. I just bought a powder blue and powder brown that had outward signs of ich two days prior to the fixick treatment and I have had them in my QT for 3 days and haven't seen anything.

I am going to dose the fixick myself tomorrow.

Reaching out to see what other users have found.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My LFS has been dosing FixICK and he stated that he has seen pretty impressive results. I just bought a powder blue and powder brown that had outward signs of ich two days prior to the fixick treatment and I have had them in my QT for 3 days and haven't seen anything.

It is another type of dye, related to malachite green. If you read the list of issues treated, they are all freshwater diseases ....

I’ll check my copy of Nelson Herwigs book when I get home tonight, my recollection is that it has been used back in the1970’s
Jay

OP
OP
pdxmonkeyboy

pdxmonkeyboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool. I will list the ingredients that are on the bottle when I get home. I recall one was capsaicin which I thought was interesting. Nothing like a little hot pepper extract to attack unwanted hitch hikers

HuduVudu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

If you don't fix the underlying causes of the issue you will treat your fish until they die. That usually isn't far off because the problem is always gas exchange.

Below is actually the reef. This is pretty normal for most of the year. Waves are near 6 feet when a tropical storm or typhoon rolls through.

Let that sink in.

Stormy seas with ship in the background.jpg

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don't fix the underlying causes of the issue you will treat your fish until they die. That usually isn't far off because the problem is always gas exchange.

Below is actually the reef. This is pretty normal for most of the year. Waves are near 6 feet when a tropical storm or typhoon rolls through.

Let that sink in.

Stormy seas with ship in the background.jpg
Uh wut...:rolleyes:

OP
OP
pdxmonkeyboy

pdxmonkeyboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would let it sink in but honestly, I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about and I think others are probably in the same boat. So the ocean has waves and high oxygen levels..... ummm yeah. That doesn't cure ich either.

Let that sink in.

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven’t heard of it, but for me I let the ich ride in my tank

HuduVudu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would let it sink in but honestly, I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about and I think others are probably in the same boat. So the ocean has waves and high oxygen levels..... ummm yeah. That doesn't cure ich either.

Let that sink in.
Ok I will give this one go.

What happens when you put a person in a sealed room and you lower the O2 levels to a point just slightly below their needs and you let the CO2 rise indiscriminately?

The ocean is full of ich yet the wild fish don't seem to catch it constantly. Hmmmmm ...

In fact Ich is present in every system. Like the Rino virus is present in every home. Hmmmm ...

AcanthurusRex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

What happens when you put a person in a sealed room and you lower the O2 levels to a point just slightly below their needs and you let the CO2 rise indiscriminately?

The ocean is full of ich yet the wild fish don't seem to catch it constantly. Hmmmmm ...

In fact Ich is present in every system. Like the Rino virus is present in every home. Hmmmm ...
Ick is a protozoan, not a virus. The analogy is pointless.

HuduVudu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ick is a protozoan, not a virus. The analogy is pointless.
Yup and both exist in the world, so there is that.

It's a good thing that no one ever gets staph infections. Thanks for pointing out the very RELEVANT difference. It is very important.

Funny you didn't answer any of the questions and decided to nit pick. That's helpful.

I haven't had to deal with this kind of craziness for 18 years. Sadly it took me 20 to figure it out, but hey keep on keeping on. You can be a part of many many many more of these threads, because they just keep up over and over again. I wonder why? ;Yawn

HeyJay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Not trying to stir the pot, but how could ich be present after someone does a full TTM treatment?

h2so4hurts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Magic fix it bottles have a pretty terrible track record while proper quarantine with copper or chloroquine have proven efficacy.

No idea what the other guy is talking about when it comes to gas exchange. 30% of wild fish carry crypto. It's only a problem in your tank because when the parasites fall off they aren't instantly diluted by trillions of gallons of water.

OP
OP
pdxmonkeyboy

pdxmonkeyboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude. if you don't want to add anything to the discussion then please just move on. I started this thread to get opinions and discuss the effectiveness of FixICK, not talk about.. what ever tangential thing you are bringing up.

HuduVudu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not trying to stir the pot, but how could ich be present after someone does a full TTM treatment?
Ohhh boy.

It can't but just know that you can never add another thing to your tank, otherwise it will be back. This sterility thinking is why so many new reefers fail. And to that point if it isn't ich it will be something else. You can't oxygen starve and carbon dioxide flood animals that aerobically respire.

HuduVudu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Magic fix it bottles have a pretty terrible track record while proper quarantine with copper or chloroquine have proven efficacy.

No idea what the other guy is talking about when it comes to gas exchange. 30% of wild fish carry crypto. It's only a problem in your tank because when the parasites fall off they aren't instantly diluted by trillions of gallons of water.
Fish have territories also. They will be back to the place that they fell off and guess what healthy wild fish will not get the ich again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back