New IM 50 ext delivered scratched

ReefBeer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the inside and all three are parallel. That is not easy to do. Are these made in China? IM re-ships them when they sell one? Looks like something may have been shipped inside it and banged around - but that was not the case when it arrived from California - so maybe happened when shipped to IM. I bought it from them for $849 during a "Spotlight Sale". What would you do?

IMG_20221030_165850056.jpg

Roli's Reef Ranch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the inside and all three are parallel. That is not easy to do. Are these made in China? IM re-ships them when they sell one? Looks like something may have been shipped inside it and banged around - but that was not the case when it arrived from California - so maybe happened when shipped to IM. I bought it from them for $849 during a "Spotlight Sale". What would you do?

IMG_20221030_165850056.jpg
I have an IM 100 ext. It's a china tank like most of the bigger companies. They make it abundantly clear that you need to inspect the tank before the delivery driver leaves or you're SOL. Good luck tho.

OP
OP
R

ReefBeer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Report it to them ASAP
I did look it over when I un-crated it, but did not see them until I used a flashlight, two months after receiving it. I have been piping the new sump and taking my time - a big mistake. I doubt they will do anything about it. Unfortunately I also just got rid of the crate and palate.

fishski13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did look it over when I un-crated it, but did not see them until I used a flashlight, two months after receiving it. I have been piping the new sump and taking my time - a big mistake. I doubt they will do anything about it. Unfortunately I also just got rid of the crate and palate.
Yeah they are not going to do anything about it 2 months after, cause all they have to say is that you could have done it during the 2 months and you have no proof it was due to shipping.

Roli's Reef Ranch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tfw GIF

OP
OP
R

ReefBeer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It did not happen on the trip from California to me. Everything and the crate looked good and it was well packed inside the crate. While the driver was there I did inspect it and looked for scratches intently. What I now know is to use a flashlight. If it happened when shipped from China then it was re-packaged by IM and there was nothing inside the tank itself when I received it. There is actually a bigger scratch on the back plastic panel down low, the sand could actually mostly cover it, if I were to use sand. If they re-packaged it, should they have seen those scratches?

Roli's Reef Ranch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It did not happen on the trip from California to me. Everything and the crate looked good and it was well packed inside the crate. While the driver was there I did inspect it and looked for scratches intently. What I now know is to use a flashlight. If it happened when shipped from China then it was re-packaged by IM and there was nothing inside the tank itself when I received it. There is actually a bigger scratch on the back plastic panel down low, the sand could actually mostly cover it, if I were to use sand. If they re-packaged it, should they have seen those scratches?
Have you filled it with water? Internal scratches are MUCH harder to see.

OP
OP
R

ReefBeer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nah, not yet. That's what I was about to do. Un-peeled the back protective wrap and noticed the low scratch then . Decided to use the flashlight then. Hoping your right about the inside scratch, I have also heard the same thing.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back