OP
OP
oohnoo

oohnoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very strange. I can add my Dropbox pic and it show's up in the preview but not when posted. Reply and it shows in preview. I'll figure this out yet

https://www.dropbox.com/s/122983i7r1tslpp/2016-12-13 19.10.29.jpg?dl=0

2016-12-13%2019.10.29.jpg

Reef man 89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
finally only took three times but I'm happy for you did ups call you to let you know when they were coming to get the broken tank cause my tank that they broke I still have and do t know what going on with it

OP
OP
oohnoo

oohnoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually they came by yesterday and picked up the one tank. They did have another return to pick up but it was for a JBL 45gal which I never had, someone goofed and I wouldn't let them pick up the other damaged one.
2016-12-13 19.10.29.jpg

OP
OP
oohnoo

oohnoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question on lighting. I currently have a Hydra26 on my 15gal which works perfectly. I had ordered the Hydra26-HD as just the one light was not going to be enough with a 36" long tank. I was now thinking of returning that light and getting two AI Prime-HD lights instead and selling the Hydra26 that I currently have. Thoughts?

Reef man 89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have exprenice with the primes I run a Maxspect Ethreal but a lot of 30l builds I have read they use 2 prime HDs and that's plenty of light

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking tank you got there that razor looks good as well

Thanks reef man. First tank, just hit the 1 year mark. Really enjoying this hobby and all the good people I have come across on R2R and my local club.

OP
OP
oohnoo

oohnoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well. got the 3rd stand delivered yesterday and it came in damaged. Didn't even have to open it to knjow that it was damaged. Box looks like it was sitting on the shelf a long time. Shipping dept didn't re-box it as was instructed. Getting fed up with Marine Depot shipping dept. Service techs are great though. At first they were juist going to give me a refund as 3 strikes and your out deliveries but I reminded them that this was actually the first that made it to my house. The other were damaged in-route by UPS and they shipping it back to MD. If they have to give me refund I told them they can take everything back.
And to to make matters worse there's no more in stock. They're going to see if IM can drop ship one.
Not a Merry Xmas for me

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a real bummer. So sorry for the issues. Hope they do you right

Reef man 89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man sry to hear that I would be flipping out, when BRS sent me my 40 they put the IM box inside a bigger box and filled it with packing peanuts so it was double boxed with 10000 packing peanuts and styrofoam blocks.

OP
OP
oohnoo

oohnoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BOOM
Marine Depot called and said they dont' have any more Black stands in stock and if I wanted a White one which I said no. During the previous call they said they might be able to get it drop shipped. I asked if they can get it dropped shipped from Innovative Marine and they said they're out for the Holidays till mid January. WHAT? Yes the technician I spoke with said the sales dept told her IM won't be available till then. Told her I wanted full refund for all products I purchased with this tank and i"ll take my business someplace else. I then called Innovative Marine myself and spoke with a nice lady there told her of my delema with all the broken tanks and asked if they had them in stock. She took my email and said she'll get back to me.
Merry Christmas to me

KSReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man this sounds like a nightmare. I'll look forward to your thread. I just started a nuvo 30 build so we will be on the same time table. Hope you get your stand asap! I am running 2 AI primes on my tank. I personally would keep the 26 because I even thought about adding a 3rd prime.

OP
OP
oohnoo

oohnoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tell me about it. Spoke with a manger at Marine Depot today and he's gonna do me good. Hoping for the best.

Curious why you say 2 AI Prime-HD's isn't enough light? The Prime is good for a 24" tank.
I actually already had one Hydra26 and ordered another for this build but figured two Hydra26's were way overkill for the 30L so I returned it as I'll be selling it with my tank to a buddy at work. That and 2 AI Primes-HD will be more than enough light.

Man this sounds like a nightmare. I'll look forward to your thread. I just started a nuvo 30 build so we will be on the same time table. Hope you get your stand asap! I am running 2 AI primes on my tank. I personally would keep the 26 because I even thought about adding a 3rd prime.

KSReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're gonna use two primes and a hydra 26? I have the two primes and raised them as high as the mount would let me and there's the top part of my rockwork in the middle that seems to be left out.

OP
OP
oohnoo

oohnoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, I returned the one I just bought and be selling the other with my 15gal

Interesting on you Primes. What's they're span from each other and the end of the tank?

You're gonna use two primes and a hydra 26? I have the two primes and raised them as high as the mount would let me and there's the top part of my rockwork in the middle that seems to be left out.

ZachP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about all the troubles, I'd be completely losing it by now. Following along, can't wait to see it come together

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 140 43.1%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 114 35.1%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.4%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back