New KH Guardian Monitor Tracks Alkalinity For Half The Price!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well so far the response isn't exactly reassuring. "Wait a few days to see if it starts working correctly". :(

andrew james

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine is actually displaying correct dKH and PH and has been all along just getting PH<ERR all the time.

CoralFragZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Did yours come with the AIM? I received mine today and no aim and there is a sticker on the back that states it is the standard edition? Is there a pro and standard monitor? Not really clear on the differences.

CoralFragZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20170924_093720.jpg

Hi Did yours come with the AIM? I received mine today and no aim and there is a sticker on the back that states it is the standard edition? Is there a pro and standard monitor? Not really clear on the differences.

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is a standard edition KH Monitor only, and it came with the AIM.

andrew james

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aim was in a separate package but included in the price. mine arrive about a week later. You should email coralvue

CJBuckeyes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine was shipped separately and a few days behind as well.

Finally got my set up and running yesterday. Took about 7 hours. Several hiccups, but it's running stable now.

andrew james

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like I should mention something for anyone on the fence for one of these. I definitely have had my share of issues getting up and running but Carlos at Coralvue was extremely helpful, answering all my email like 10 minutes after I sent them, calling me, even logging into my KH guardian and Apex to troubleshoot and finally fix my issues. I've known this for a while even before I bought the KH guardian - Coralvue has some of the best customer service in the industry, in any industry.

CJBuckeyes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm out of town for a few days, and man is it nice to not have to worry about my tank!

How is everyone using their monitor? Just as an automated tester? Or has anyone figured out how to use it to control alk in combination with a controller? Since this only measures discreet points in time, and not at set times, i can't figure out how to use the alk reading to adjust dosing on my apex.

andrew james

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm out of town for a few days, and man is it nice to not have to worry about my tank!

How is everyone using their monitor? Just as an automated tester? Or has anyone figured out how to use it to control alk in combination with a controller? Since this only measures discreet points in time, and not at set times, i can't figure out how to use the alk reading to adjust dosing on my apex.

This is going to totally depend on what youre dosing. Im using AF comp 123. I like to start simple and see how things progress so right now here's how I'm doing it. I have my KH guardian set to 240 minutes. I'm running comp 123 on 3 DOS pumps. My tank needs 50ml of each over a 24 hour period to maintain 8.5 dkh. I set all three pumps to 55ml. This gives me a little room to grow but also not overdose if something goes wrong. Then on each pump I added the code below.

If dKH > 8.60 Then OFF
If dKH < 8.40 Then ON

Dont know if it works but, if this keeps it solid I will expand on it. I'd like to only take 2 dkh measurements a day to save reagent. Im going to start turning off the Guardian with my Apex except during certain times and base my daily dosage of comp123 of those 2 measurements.

Last edited:

andrew james

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another thing I've noticed using the KH guardian is my tank consumes more carbonate during its photo period and almost 0 in the early hours of the morning. I've observed as much as a 10% swing. which imo is the maximum you want to see in a 24 hour period. Because of this Im adjusting my dosing to dose a larger percentage starting 2 hours before lights on till they go out.

andrew james

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it's been a long week. Had some problems with the kh guardian giving crazy readings and no being able to get it calibrated. I'm measureing against Hanna and Salifert and while the same to the hundreth the KHG was way way of sometimes by a point or more.

This really ticked me off I'd just spent 6 bills and what basically amounts to a RNG. talked to Carlos thing went back and forth, he told me to send it back for a refund, which is the right thing to do and I appreciate that he was willing to do it.

So right before as I was taking things apart I remembered I had a brand new double junction lab grad PH probe I bought from BRS a while back. So I gave it a try hook it up calibrated it and BAM the KHG is reading right on the money.

So I guess what I'm saying is if you're reading this and thinking of investing in one of these tools budget for a good PH probe because the one that came with my waste basically garbage.

\ I also forgot to mention because Coralvue are good people they sent me a few packs of reagent to make up for what I lost running a billion tests to get it right.
sANCiO9.png

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it's been a long week. Had some problems with the kh guardian giving crazy readings and no being able to get it calibrated. I'm measureing against Hanna and Salifert and while the same to the hundreth the KHG was way way of sometimes by a point or more.

This really ****** me off I'd just spent 6 bills and what basically amounts to a RNG. talked to Carlos thing went back and forth, he told me to send it back for a refund, which is the right thing to do and I appreciate that he was willing to do it.

So right before as I was taking things apart I remembered I had a brand new double junction lab grad PH probe I bought from BRS a while back. So I gave it a try hook it up calibrated it and BAM the KHG is reading right on the money.

So I guess what I'm saying is if you're reading this and thinking of investing in one of these tools budget for a good PH probe because the one that came with my waste basically garbage.

\ I also forgot to mention because Coralvue are good people they sent me a few packs of reagent to make up for what I lost running a billion tests to get it right.
sANCiO9.png
Where did you put the brs double junction probe location wise?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back