OP
OP
SaltySteve

SaltySteve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the link for my fish disease post, if anyone wants to chime in or see Gumbo's status:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/puffer-parasite-id.317924/#post-3930965

I haven't actually witnessed any of his poo, I thought I had before but am almost 100% sure it was a type of tape worm poking out (it was too solid and cylindrical and didn't seem to be stringy, and is clear/ off white in color). Also, his appetite is so voracious- this can be an indicator of an intestinal worm, I've heard. Prazi is good for tapeworm type parasites- and after dosing the tank I witnessed a large tape-worm looking thing that was expelled from him. It's possible he may have other parasites as well, I'm going to monitor him and most likely set up a metro quarantine for him. He also has an (abscess?) on his snout that I am really hoping is not an isopod.

Thanks for the info and support!

Last edited:
OP
OP
SaltySteve

SaltySteve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the late reply, he is doing great! I think the lump on his snout must just be an abscess or goiter. Still has not touched any coral or inverts. It's always possible I have the exception though!

OP
OP
SaltySteve

SaltySteve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also absolutely no aggression to tank mates/ no fin nipping. If you get one, they don't like a very strong current in the tank. Also, make sure there are some dark areas, overhangs, and caves/ crevices he can swim through and pick at rocks - they don't do great with very strongly lit tanks.

OP
OP
SaltySteve

SaltySteve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just took these, he eats directly from the pipet hah- I might be spoiling him too much.
20170826_172743.jpg
20170826_172813.jpg

20170826_172913.jpg

joec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking about getting one of these. Is he still leaving shrimp, snails alone?

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 167 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back