samnaz

Earthling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice live rock you have there! Discovering the life among it is so exciting, isn't it? so much life in such a tiny space.

#1 is Phyllangia americana aka hidden cup coral. (I got one as a hitchhiker years ago and to this day it's still my favorite coral). I feed mine on a regular basis, at least once a week, so they grow and reproduce regularly. I started with one head and now I have at least 20 spread throughout the tank. They live in the shadows, underneath and along the rocks edges. Moderate to high turbulent flow is best.

#2 at the very top of the rock I see digitate hydroids, the are the small white strings that have little round balls stemming out.

#4 I'm not sure what the other larger white tentacle-like creatures are. Best guess is an anemone-type creature or dead/decaying algae.

The bright red balls and the yellow ones as well are various sponges.

Also, is this some sort of clam?
IMAG0501_1.jpg

Aiptasia is hiding there... directly below the circle you made.

OP
OP
Frederick Edwards

Frederick Edwards

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So as @samnaz pointed out the aptasia, I got home thirty minutes ago and boiled up some Rodi water, got out my meat injector syringe, yeah that's right, and hit that sucker about 4 times with boiling water. Goodbye aptasia, your not welcome here!

OP
OP
Frederick Edwards

Frederick Edwards

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noticed this today. What is that? Make video fit screen to see them. What are those clear white tentacles moving around?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 58 54.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.5%
Back