New member/old school ideas

Sorry about the quality of these photos. It’s hard to get good images with reflections etc.
Looks great! Hope to set up a tank like this one day!

Welcome to the R2R community and happy reefing!! :cool:

Welcome To The Team GIF by memecandy
 
Welcome!
This was complimented by a lot of real live rock (so inappropriate these days and rightly so!)
Isn't "real" live rock still relevant? There are plenty of people who love Florida aquacultured rock for its biodiversity (which is said to help against nuisance algae outbreaks). I should also mention that many of the more mobile pests associated with live rock (crabs, mantis shrimps) can be removed by giving their host live rock a hypersaline bath.
 
Welcome!

Isn't "real" live rock still relevant? There are plenty of people who love Florida aquacultured rock for its biodiversity (which is said to help against nuisance algae outbreaks). I should also mention that many of the more mobile pests associated with live rock (crabs, mantis shrimps) can be removed by giving their host live rock a hypersaline bath.
Hi. If you live in the US I think it is totally relevant and probably ethically appropriate, seeing as it is aquacultured rock that isn’t shipped very far rather than coral skeletons. I live in the UK so for me ‘real’ live rock is almost impossible to get. I used ‘live sand’ and tried to buy some bigger corals with decent size bits of rock to seed the tank.
 
Hi. If you live in the US I think it is totally relevant and probably ethically appropriate, seeing as it is aquacultured rock that isn’t shipped very far rather than coral skeletons. I live in the UK so for me ‘real’ live rock is almost impossible to get. I used ‘live sand’ and tried to buy some bigger corals with decent size bits of rock to seed the tank.
Got it! Thanks!
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 20 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new