klp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started back In early 70's with a 20 long, with 4 fish, 1 hermit crab, 1 feather duster. User balsa air stones, Silent Giant air pump, under gravel filter with 2 grades of coral large, medium and then sand, a hang on filter and floresent lighting. State of the art! Never had to clean the sand bed and nitrates were undetectable without water changes. Did a few but mostly added trace minerals. Worked great for about 2 years. Fed flakes in the morning and frozen brine in the evening. Sold it still going when moving.

Picked up in late 80's with a custom 90 and switched to reef later using actinic etc. Had to sell it and downsize to a 40 using compacts. Got out a few years later when overflow failed on the 40, the tank overheated and everything bleached. Before that everything was perfect. I will ensure that never happens again.

Have been investigating the hobby for about a year and will start off hopefully in a few months when some remodeling completed. I love the color not the rarity or difficulty level.

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A BIG WELCOME to R2R and back to the Hobby. A whole lot of changes to most everything in the past ten years but always nice to have a long term perspective of the game.

Cheers, Todd

mike007

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are glad you are getting back In the hobby.

Attachments

• th.jpg
    th.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 101

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 26.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 32.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 31.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back