Frederick Edwards

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

New to the forum here, and just wanted to say hello. I have a 41" x 24" x 24" and a 45Bow. Been out the hobby a few years and wow has technology changed. When i was setup a few years back, i had fish only in my big aquarium and freshwater in my 45 bow. I kinda sorta dabbled in reef in the big tank, but got frustrated from what i now know to be lack of knowledge and patience, mostly patience:) My plan is for my big tank to be a mix reef and my 45 bow as a quarantine tank or frag tank. For my big tank, i have been looking for some upgrade equipment.(return pump, sump/refugium, light, and possibly new return piping.) Sump/refugium may become a diy project unless i can find one a decent cheap price. My return piping is 1"( I think) gray pvc and runs up my overflow section which is in the left back corner and then runs along the back side and then all the way along the right side. Along the whole right side of pvc are spread out holes drilled at an angle to spray back in. Would this be a flow issue? Or can i supplement with wave makers or other devices?

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and it looks like you're a fellow Floridian, and welcome back to the salt.

As to your returns, and in my opinion, keep it simple and utilize wave makers for your internal flow. Not saying what you described won't work, just saying to limit the failure/potential issue points. Just my two pennies worth.

OP
OP
Frederick Edwards

Frederick Edwards

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@dbl Thanks for the welcome and the help. I was leaning towards the same thought after I posted:) Never hurts to ask.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and it looks like you're a fellow Floridian, and welcome back to the salt.

As to your returns, and in my opinion, keep it simple and utilize wave makers for your internal flow. Not saying what you described won't work, just saying to limit the failure/potential issue points. Just my two pennies worth.

X2

Welcome home, you will love it here! Post tank pics! :)

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back