13   0   0
welcome50.jpg

CasaReefer

Promoted To Sponge
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Paul.... Welcome to R2R... I know we are very excited to have you in the group. and there are a lot of Wicked Smart people in here to help you out. Remember there are No Stupid Questions... So ask if you have any. Looking forward to your build and sharing this journey with you.:)

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! You’ll find this hobby and R2R to be a lot of fun. No worries about DIY skills. Most things are pretty straightforward. There are a lot of resources on plumbing your tank. The trick will be designing something that you understand how it works — there are a lot of opinions here. My only plumbing tip is to dry fit everything (even marking the pieces to keep alignment when you glue) and then practice using pvc cement. Enjoy!

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Yes the plumbing can really confuse you, it did me. I won a setup here, though and that made it easier. If you don’t have a setup yet and can afford one, I suggest a reef ready system that has the plumbing, sump tank and stand. It makes it much easier to set up and get things going.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for having me. My name is Paul and I have always had freshwater community tanks growing and into my adult life. I have decided to go saltwater for the first time and I have a countless amount of questions. I am in the very early stages of my hobby and I am seeking all advice from those who have achieved this before. I'm not the DIY type so the challenge of plumbing my aquarium will be a mental war alone. I look forward to all advice from you guys to assist me in my goal of creating something beautiful.
IMG_20191112_193349_01.gif

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! I didn't notice that anyone posted this stuff yet, so if I'm being redundant, I do apologize. Here are a couple links to get you started. One is right here on R2R! It has plenty of information for a person new to the hobby, and is a guide to set up a reef aquarium: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/the-supreme-guide-to-setting-up-a-saltwater-reef-aquarium.138750/ Also, check out our other articles and threads as well. The other is for a video series from BRS -- 52 weeks of reefing: https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/video/category/52-weeks-of-reefing They are interesting and really help. I'm glad you joined us.
Clownfish.gif

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back