New member

hi welcome to the reef going to love it here!!
lots of fun/info/fun/help/fun....
nice pics!!!..we all love pics.. :)
 
hello all

I am a new member to the forum. I started with freshwater cichlid tanks in college. 10 years ago. I took the plunge into saltwater. My first tank was a 90 gallon bow front. I had this tank for 8 years. My LFS found a 265 gallon tank with a custom stand which I purchased. I was just playing around with corals and more worried about fish.

Then on January 30. 2020 my mother passed. She always loved the pretty fish and especially the corals. So I decided to get serious about making a reef tank for my mother.

I am in the process of putting the tank together now. I have bought numerous frags from WWC and JF.

The goal is to have the tank becoming a memorial for my mother.

I have some pictures of the tank today and will update and photograph my progress monthly.

Nice to meet you all.

JT

20200507_122136.jpg 20200507_122133.jpg 20200507_122129.jpg 20200507_122124.jpg
Welcome to R2R. Sorry to hear about the loss of your mother. The tanks look good and will be a great visual reminder of your mum.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new