New MP40qd wireless not working...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

lyrical

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys!

I just bought two brand new MP40qd and one of them the wireless is not working. I tried resetting the settings, unplugging and plugging back in and can't find any info anywhere about it.

The pump seems to work just fine running it up and down but when I tried to make the master/slave connection it obviously wouldn't work. The "W" doesn't light up either.

Anything I can do to fix this? Or will it need to be sent back?

Thanks!

Bob3655

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Double check the box it came in and make sure its the mp40Wqd, If it is go ahead and open it up and make sure the wifi chip is seated properly, it should be in the top left corner. if its loose, reseat it. If its not there, thats your problem. As long as that chip is there the W light should always be on, even if youre not using it in master slave mode. Good luck :D

OP
OP
lyrical

lyrical

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome thank you so much! Hopefully it's exactly what you said and got loose during shipping. I'm going to wait until Eco tells me to try that so I don't void any warranties or anything but maybe this will be a quick DIY fix!! :) I did double check the box and the stick said both were the W version.

OP
OP
lyrical

lyrical

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Email sent to them I'll let ya know what they say.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always call them, it works faster.
Call after lunch time on Monday if possible ask for Tim Donschietz.
If you run a reeflink they can do a "logmein" process.
Or if you have the radion lights they can pair it up with them and see what the problem is.

OP
OP
lyrical

lyrical

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I will do that if I don't hear back quickly. I don't have a reef link or Radion just the two pumps. I was going to get the Apex but haven't yet.

OP
OP
lyrical

lyrical

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard back today and they told me to go ahead and open up the controller and check the chip. Well guess what? No chip! So I emailed them back (late after hours) to see where to go from here. I will update when I hear back. Good call Bob3655 :)

Bob3655

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just about to ask you if you've heard anything back yet, as usually they have great customer service. However I got distracted with like 10 tabs open on multiple reef forums posting and replying haha. Major bummer the chip wasn't in there, sorry to hear that. My guess is they'll probably have you ship the whole unit back to them instead of them just shipping you a chip. Keep us informed on what they say and thanks for updating us. Looking forward to your next update :D

OP
OP
lyrical

lyrical

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem! I hope I don't have to ship the entire thing back otherwise my tank will be without a pump. Customer service has been good they emailed me around noon today and it wasn't their fault I wasn't able to reply until after business hours so no problems there :) I was hoping it was something I was missing like a reset or what not but I am pretty disappointed I bought a new unit from BRS sent with no chip. $700 in pumps and I can't play with my new toys! Oh well :) I'll post an update tomorrow with what I need to do. Thanks again for the help. (everyone)

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great to hear that it is just the chip.
Installing is a chip is easy as the upgrade drivers all came without one and you just had to take the old chip from your old driver and install it in the new.
They probably will send you just a chip.

OP
OP
lyrical

lyrical

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh cool I didn't know that I thought it was a whole new device. That would be nice if I could just get the chip so I don't have to take down a pump for a week or w/e but I will do whatever they require :) Thanks again for your help! Will update tonight with the outcome.

OP
OP
lyrical

lyrical

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They sent me out a chip to install yesterday it should arrive today. Hoping this works!! Thanks Ryan and EcoTech A+ service :)

OP
OP
lyrical

lyrical

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the chip today and the fiance installed it tonight and everything works perfectly :) Master/Slave already setup and humming along. Thanks again everyone for the help!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back