New nano build!

Polyp Punk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys

so I am an experienced reefer who had a beautiful 75 gallon back at my old house. I’m in a new home now and I am dying to get back into the game. I’m looking to go smaller this time. I am thinking about a 20-40 gallon small table top tank. I would appreciate some suggestions on some popular quality nano tanks. Interested in your thoughts!!!

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi check out joes glass cages,but if you have the room 75 is a great size as you already know ,glad to see getting back ,the reef never leaves your system once you got it you are reefer for life good luck in your quest ,keep us posted happy reefing

El_Guapo13

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a Biocube 16 until recently, when it started leaking from the filtration section. Which I could not fit my arm into to fix, so I purchased a standard 29 gallon tank and moved everything into it. For filtration, I purchased a Fiji Cube AIO Kit. Also still have my 425 gph Koralia Nano powerhead. So far so good. But I really did like my Biocube 16.
20200208_211707.jpg

The biocube before the end
20191130_200053.jpg

Mav88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My suggestion would be an evo or IM, but do yourself a favor if you are going to overhaul everything in the tank just get any size standard aquarium. While the EVO is nice....i don't use it's light, hood, filter, stock filtration, or pump...which is why you pay more for those aquariums anyway.

OP
OP
Polyp Punk

Polyp Punk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi check out joes glass cages,but if you have the room 75 is a great size as you already know ,glad to see getting back ,the reef never leaves your system once you got it you are reefer for life good luck in your quest ,keep us posted happy reefing
... I absolutely love this hobby. I never heard of joe glass cages ... Red Sea doesn’t do an AIO table top 20-40 gallon?

OP
OP
Polyp Punk

Polyp Punk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a Biocube 16 until recently, when it started leaking from the filtration section. Which I could not fit my arm into to fix, so I purchased a standard 29 gallon tank and moved everything into it. For filtration, I purchased a Fiji Cube AIO Kit. Also still have my 425 gph Koralia Nano powerhead. So far so good. But I really did like my Biocube 16.
20200208_211707.jpg

The biocube before the end
20191130_200053.jpg
So the bio cube is not good? Exactly what I’m looking for. What other companies have this style ?

OP
OP
Polyp Punk

Polyp Punk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My suggestion would be an evo or IM, but do yourself a favor if you are going to overhaul everything in the tank just get any size standard aquarium. While the EVO is nice....i don't use it's light, hood, filter, stock filtration, or pump...which is why you pay more for those aquariums anyway.
so you suggest innovative marine ? Red Sea doesn’t make a bio cube or small table top tank?

El_Guapo13

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the bio cube is not good? Exactly what I’m looking for. What other companies have this style ?
Lots of people have them without any issue, its just that mine either had a defect that went unnoticed, or while I was trying to get my pump out to clean it my fat arm may have caused a crack to form that took sometime to become big enough to cause a leak. That said, I feel like the 29 gallon has given me more options for equipment choices and layout.

There are a few other cube style vendors. Mine was from Coralife, but there are some that make something similar.

Like others said, there is JBJ, Fluval, Waterbox.

OP
OP
Polyp Punk

Polyp Punk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of people have them without any issue, its just that mine either had a defect that went unnoticed, or while I was trying to get my pump out to clean it my fat arm may have caused a crack to form that took sometime to become big enough to cause a leak. That said, I feel like the 29 gallon has given me more options for equipment choices and layout.

There are a few other cube style vendors. Mine was from Coralife, but there are some that make something similar.

Like others said, there is JBJ, Fluval, Waterbox.
I think the water box is exactly what I’m looking for. Starfire glass all in one desktop ...rimless and Borderless would be nice too

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
not to jump in give joes glass cages a look ,new owner excellent quality great prices

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi guys eshopps tunze octopus no particular order

Phil D.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
... I absolutely love this hobby. I never heard of joe glass cages ... Red Sea doesn't have an AIO 20-40
Hi, They do have a 45 gallon, the E-170 but it comes with a stand. Has everything you need, light skimmer, pump etc. You can add a sump kit to it later on. I bought one for my daughter, the Red Sea Reef LED is a really good light.

Back