OP
OP
Ortho281

Ortho281

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was not able to get any work done on the build today due to crews floating the floor in preparation for laying down the tiles. Also another crew was hanging Raco door frames and priming the walls. The good news is that the crews will be off tomorrow and Monday and so I should hopefully get a lot done. I don't anticipate having water in the tank this weekend at they did not finish the fish room and turn on the water as promised. This means I only have one weekend left to get the aquascaping done and fish in the tank before we open on the 15th.

Office3.JPG
Office2.JPG
Office1.JPG
Office4.JPG

OP
OP
Ortho281

Ortho281

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to go with the new MP40QD's instead of reusing my older original MP40's. I will be giving away the MP40's with my old tank complete with live rocks, corals, some fish, lights, sump, skimmer, reactors, pumps etc. to one of the subs that has been very helpful on this project. He had a saltwater tank prior and is excited to be getting my tank. My old 110 gal. will make a great start for him getting back into the hobby.

Vortech1.JPG
Vortech3.JPG
Vortech2.jpg

Agamerce

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, wow! Jealous and excited for him too. That is really nice of you and looks like good progress. What a short cycle.

OP
OP
Ortho281

Ortho281

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, wow! Jealous and excited for him too. That is really nice of you and looks like good progress. What a short cycle.
Thanks! Yes, it will be a very short cycle, I have been curing Marco dry rocks for the past 3 months and will be using live sand and adding water from the curing process.

OP
OP
Ortho281

Ortho281

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plumbing is done! Still need to fabricate a few supporting brackets for some of the plumbing. Still waiting on the fish room to be completed so I can get in there and do some work. I ended up purchasing 50 gallons of saltwater, in addition to 55 gallons I have at home to start cycling the tank and do the aquascaping. Hoping to get this done by Thursday. We are suppose to be moving in on Friday but I don't see how this will happen.

Tank30.JPG
Plumbing20.JPG
Plumbing21.JPG
Plumbing22.JPG
Plumbing23.JPG
Plumbing24.JPG

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Amazing job!

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is really coming together, tank and office

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Aquascaping is also done but I still have to post the pics!
Well what the hold up:rolleyes::D
It must feel good to really have some progression in the last week.

Burcu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice set up. I always wanted a backspace or a equipment room to use for the tank. :) Why didnt you put the sump in the opposite direction?

OP
OP
Ortho281

Ortho281

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice set up. I always wanted a backspace or a equipment room to use for the tank. :) Why didnt you put the sump in the opposite direction?
Thanks! I tried it the other direction but main pump and probe cables would not reach with 10 gallon ATO at the fish room also. The stand panels are removable on both sides so servicing will not be an issue.

OP
OP
Ortho281

Ortho281

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The aquascaping was pretty simple and only took me about 3 hours. I added 60lbs of live sand and only used about 2/3 of the cured dry rock I purchased. The fish room is still not finished, so I have not begun plumbing the RODI/Saltwater containers or mounting the electrical.

Aquascaping.JPG
Aquascaping2.JPG

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 23.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 32.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 32.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back