OP
OP
Ortho281

Ortho281

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Millwork on aquarium almost finished! They still have to build and place six magnetic removable doors on the stand. Upper doors hinge upwards for easy access.

Office40.JPG
office42.JPG
office41.JPG
office43.JPG

OP
OP
Ortho281

Ortho281

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fish room! One of the projects that is taking much longer than expected! Shelves were redone using 2"x12" treated wood with 2"x4" bracing. It's strong!!! The fish room including the shelves will be painted grey to match the hallway. The tile flooring is a bit much. I don't really like the larger tile surround, but the tile guy suggested it and said it would look good. I fabricated the equipment board today from 3/4" Birch plywood with a 45 degree hanging bracket at the top so the board can hang secured in place with only 2 screws at the bottom. There is a 2" gap behind the board to allow for out-of-sight cable routing.
fish room40.JPG

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow Ortho281, it is looking fantastic! I'm loving the surround, very tight! You should be very proud. Your clients will love the tank. I'm sure you will see an increase in business just because of the aquarium.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely you have my vote to best orthodontist office. I might be to late but for the corner shelf , look at this or this corner wire shelf. just use the shelf for your water tank storage. Have a fabricator make a triangle brace so that the shelf to be mounted to the wall. Wood is going to get funky over time. You can still sheet the walls with FRP paneling.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Man this is a sweet build! Thanks for keeping us updated!

OP
OP
Ortho281

Ortho281

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow Ortho281, it is looking fantastic! I'm loving the surround, very tight! You should be very proud. Your clients will love the tank. I'm sure you will see an increase in business just because of the aquarium.
Thanks! the surround tiles looks much better now that the entire fish room is painted in grey to match. I'm hoping this new build is money well spent! New build outs usually causes more interest hence more patients.

OP
OP
Ortho281

Ortho281

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely you have my vote to best orthodontist office. I might be to late but for the corner shelf , look at this or this corner wire shelf. just use the shelf for your water tank storage. Have a fabricator make a triangle brace so that the shelf to be mounted to the wall. Wood is going to get funky over time. You can still sheet the walls with FRP paneling.
Thank you! The corner wire self is a good idea except the floor of my fish room will be treated like the sink I wish I had space for. :)

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your new office has come a long way and looks GREAT ! ! ! Can't wait to see fish swimming around in that bad boy ! !

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, I wish I had you as my orthodontist:) all I had to look at were pics of kids they put on the wall after they got their braces off lol. I am really digging the return plumbing as well. Awesome job!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 30.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back