OP
OP
Ortho281

Ortho281

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly, despite all my efforts last night the Yellow and Purple Tang did not make it. [emoji20] All other fish appears to be doing well and eating. The Powder blue has a small tear in the ventral fin from getting stuck in one of the smaller PVC elbows. Other than that he appears to also be doing well.

OP
OP
Ortho281

Ortho281

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My aquarium stand is being put to good use by the sub-contractors until the space is ready! Lol!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

After drilling holes for drains for the fish room, tank and a vent, they hit two steel beams and so will have to re-drill and patch the other ones.

OP
OP
Ortho281

Ortho281

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Construction of the new office is moving along although a delay in getting permission to do coring into the space below has set us back a couple weeks. The expected completion is now sometime after the 2nd week in September.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Construction of the new office is moving along although a delay in getting permission to do coring into the space below has set us back a couple weeks. The expected completion is now sometime after the 2nd week in September.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I have be working on a project with a friend and that is so characteristic of construction, Delays and cost over runs.o_O On a positive note, the contractor look like they are doing a good job.

OP
OP
Ortho281

Ortho281

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got around to taking some un-wrapped pics of the new tank. I'm very pleased with the quality and workmanship Planet Aquarium put into the tank. The euro-brace and trim-less bottom was necessary to facilitate plumbing the return opposite the overflow and to have a closer fit for panels above and below the tank. The faux bottom will hopefully prevent the glass breaking from a falling rock and look better should I decide to go bare bottom. The holes for the overflow were pre-drilled to fit the Synergy Reef Overflow box which I purchased separate.
Tank4.JPG
Tank5.JPG
Tank6.jpg

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Refer back to the first post with the equipment list, unless he has changed :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Ortho281

Ortho281

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your plans for lighting and water flow?
My original plans was to add T-5 retrofit to my Maxspect Razors w/wide angle lens and build a floating open top canopy to house everything. However I'm leaning towards going with the 60" ATI Powermodule instead for a cleaner look. Flow will still be my MP40's on one end and a Maxspect Gyre on the other end.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks great man!

Sorry about the tang losses! They looked very healthy in the first video!

OP
OP
Ortho281

Ortho281

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! Yes they all did! Sadly, the Powder Blue tang also did not make it after getting stuck in the PVC elbow for a 2nd time. Apparently the culprit was my aggressive Achilles tang which was chasing the other tangs and the Supermale linear wrasse. He was placed in a large acclimation box and the tank is now peaceful again.

I replace the Yellow and Powder Blue tang and I also picked up a Orange Shoulder Tang. So far the new inhabitants are getting along with their tank mates. I have resumed copper and will be releasing the Achilles in a day or two. Hopefully this time in the acclimation box will cause him to chill out?

Back