New overflow box (Fiji Cube)

Reef Jay

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 600 gph Fiji cube over flow kit came in today! I’m very impressed with the quality and it comes with everything you need.
B8A3EA03-162C-4F01-9A0F-36BFA84C8477.jpeg

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will their design hide the water line on a standard black plastic rimmed tank?
I’m using it on my 40 gallon breeder I’ll send a pic when I install it. I would think so you can put it as high or as low as you want depending on where you drill it

Agreed, it depends on where you drill it and the height of the trim.

I purposefully made my trim (aluminum) to where it covered the water line, but, I see no reason that you couldn't drill it to where it was hidden on a standard tank except for in cases like 20 gallon tanks where the trim is just too short making the whole to close to the edge of the glass.

mrpizzaface

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will their design hide the water line on a standard black plastic rimmed tank?
I just received mine. The 600 GPH version. The overflow is well made and priced right. This overflow can be installed on a rimmed tank, but seems as though it were designed with rimless tanks in mind. If installed on a 40 breeder without modifying the tank trim, you will be left with a water line approx 1/4" below the tank trim. On a 29 gallon or smaller the water line will be approx 1/2" below the tank trim. While this may not be a big deal to some it is a bummer for me. The website states this overflow will work for all tank types and while that is true on one hand, it doesn't account for the fact you will have a visible waterline on a plastic rimmed tank without substantial modification.

Last edited:

mrpizzaface

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received mine. The 600 GPH version. The overflow is well made and priced right. This overflow can be installed on a rimmed tank, but seems as though it were designed with rimless tanks in mind. If installed on a 40 breeder without modifying the tank trim, you will be left with a water line approx 1/4" below the tank trim. On a 29 gallon or smaller the water line will be approx 1/2" below the tank trim. While this may not be a big deal to some it is a bummer for me. The website states this overflow will work for all tank types and while that is true on one hand, it doesn't account for the fact you will have a visible waterline on a plastic rimmed tank without substantial modification.
The modular marine overflows appear as though they are being made to work with plastic rimmed tanks.

mrpizzaface

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank needs minimum of 1 1/2 inches under the interior ledge to hide the water line. Interior trim could be cut to raise water line. Confirmed with Fiji Cube,

Fishmantim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone tell me if the figi overflow will fit in the same holes that the senergy reef does would like to change mine out

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't believe it will. They come with a template that is custom made. You could message Will and ask him to measure for you.

OP
OP
Reef Jay

Reef Jay

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know of any that would
Mine came with the template and becuase I wanted the water line above my black trim I cut the trim off where I installed my overflow and it worked out perfectly.

OP
OP
Reef Jay

Reef Jay

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I don't have template do you think the figi overflow will fit
Ohhh I got ya you have the synergy reef now... make sure you silicone the gaskets I heard they leak. And I'm not sure if I was you make your own out of wood and just measure it

EmperorVtec

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was the height of the blue pipe okay for herbie setup? More importantly, how are the bulkheads holding up and all that. No leaks right?

Can you folks please show pics of current setup for the herbie method (2 drains) with these boxes? Want to give them a try. Thanks

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The internal pipe is perfect.

I have three of these running from a 40 breeder up to a 240 and they are working great.

I will try and get decent pics

EmperorVtec

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The internal pipe is perfect.

I have three of these running from a 40 breeder up to a 240 and they are working great.

I will try and get decent pics

I am going for the 40 breeder setup, I would definitely appreciate pics. Can you please share the 40 breeder setup?
And what size did you get for the overflow and return pump? I'm so excited!

Thank you

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 67 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.7%
Back