New read

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Joined
Dec 18, 2021
Messages
6,174
Reaction score
10,391
Location
Mile Square City
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
5AA14574-7563-4E48-943B-320C1C32CD8C.jpeg
 
Interesting. Does it provide insight on if phytoplankton dosing is necessary?
 
Are you trying to keep clams? :)
 
That is so beautiful! Your tank is stunning too!

What clam is that? I really like that pastel coloration!
 
I am a super clam fan. I currently have one derasa but I’m planning to add many more to my collection. They might be one of my favorite things in reef keeping, I’ve always been fascinated by clams as a kid, especially when I learned that clams/oysters made pearls.

61C65D66-5231-468B-8A64-B6C005C69A9D.jpeg
 
Last edited:
I am a super clam fan. I currently have one derasa but I’m planning to add many more to my collection. They might be one of my favorite things in reef keeping, I’ve always been fascinated by clams as a kid, especially when I learned that clams/oysters made pearls.

61C65D66-5231-468B-8A64-B6C005C69A9D.jpeg
They grow fast for a clam. Just keep the tank stable. Calcium hogs.
 
They require high light and are ususally found in the crevices of rock which they bore the foot into. I haven’t kept any but did have a few maxima. More requirements not the best results.
BF626558-6F45-4419-9F76-49E0EDFFCE6D.jpeg
Best experience w derasa.
 
They require high light and are ususally found in the crevices of rock which they bore the foot into. I haven’t kept any but did have a few maxima. More requirements not the best results.
BF626558-6F45-4419-9F76-49E0EDFFCE6D.jpeg
Best experience w derasa.
Me too. Maxima wouldn’t survive longer than a few months while I still have my derasa.
 
Interesting. Does it provide insight on if phytoplankton dosing is necessary?
It is not.

Maximas aren’t more difficult to keep, but they require 350+ PAR. I keep mine at 350-550, 10+ hours per day. :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new