OP
Jerad81

Jerad81

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That does seem very low for alkalinity. I would do the test again to verify. Raising it slowly over time is the way to go if it is in fact to low. In my opinion controlling the change using water changes makes the most sense but ive never had to do that before. Im sure a quick search will give you some ideas. Anytime I see a test result that far off I question the validity. You may also want to test what your salt mix is mixing to for ph and alkalinity.

So far I have been getting my water pre-made from my lfs. I will definitely run that test again and also on the water from my lfs before I do my next water change this weekend. They both should show similar results since I've always used their water. Hopefully that will tell me if I need a new test kit or keep doing weekly water changes.

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far I have been getting my water pre-made from my lfs. I will definitely run that test again and also on the water from my lfs before I do my next water change this weekend. They both should show similar results since I've always used their water. Hopefully that will tell me if I need a new test kit or keep doing weekly water changes.
Or a new water source... ;) long term you may want to look at an RO/DI system and a good quality salt mix.

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
08546C63-6C2E-4CD3-A4A4-DBCDABE80FF7.jpeg

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What test do you use and what unit does it use for report the alkalinity? If it report mekv - 2.5 will be equal to 7 in KH. Ask your LFS about the alkalinity. I do not think that you have 2.5 in KH in a saltwater that comes from your LFS.

And welcome

Sincerely Lasse

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back