New reefer budget build looking for coral

wraggederrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know if people use this thread anymore but its worth a shot. I’m located in Orange County and just started a new Fluval Evo 13.5 and finished cycling. The reason it being a small tank is I have a low budget. I was wondering if anyone had any extra coral they were getting rid of and could give to me for free? Or even some super cheap coral? Its amazing to be apart of this community and thanks!

nbooks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i don't have any coral, but ive got two clowns and two chromis hanging in my QT that are free to a good home.

also in orange.

mattdg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I might have some stylophora for you green and purple. Should do okay in a newish setup, but will need Cal/Alk supplementation eventually.

amoore311

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a ton of corals for beginners. I'm in Hamlett of Wallkill 12589.

shoot me a message.

wanderer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know if people use this thread anymore but its worth a shot. I’m located in Orange County and just started a new Fluval Evo 13.5 and finished cycling. The reason it being a small tank is I have a low budget. I was wondering if anyone had any extra coral they were getting rid of and could give to me for free? Or even some super cheap coral? Its amazing to be apart of this community and thanks!

I have a healthy sixline wrasse if you want it for free.

Kcstoker1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! I sure do. Congrats on getting your tank set up and cycled.

My name is Chris and I was in HVRK years and years ago, but don't even jump on here much anymore. I was coming on to beg people to come get corals. Maybe not "beg," but I have a couple things that might work well for your new tank.

I also live in Orange county, down in Tuxedo by the Ren Faire. I have a 150 with all kinds of stuff and I need to offload some in preparation for a new scape sometime this year.

Kcstoker1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You checking PMs? Loads of beginner options.

CC01671B-AD0D-413B-B674-134686C7F895.jpeg

mattdg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Last I heard, in a text, he was having some issues with the system, so is waiting to add coral.

Hey, definitely update us on your progress. Aside from being a great resource for aqua cultured coral in the Hudson Valley, there are a whole bunch of experienced reefers here ready to help you out with advice. Let us know.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back