Salt Brand

Saltwater_Reefing

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 2, 2023
Messages
193
Reaction score
57
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Fluval Evo 13.5 gallon and I have been trying different salts to see which one I like the best. I currently am about to try tropic marin which is what the local shop uses and a lot of people like it. A lot of people also like reef crystals and say it works great. I just want something that can stay consistent and I have zoanthids, a green star polyp, 2 mushrooms a hammer or frog spawn can't tell, and a Dunkin. I want to get more soft corals. I want to get a leather, more zoanthids, and maybe another hammer or two. I know reef crystals are 40 dollars cheaper a bucket which in my situation and many others is a huge difference. What would you suggest using?
 
Salt is salt. Find one cheap and readily available that fits your parameter scheme.
 
With the coral that you have even regular Instant Ocean is sufficient and it's very consistent. That is what I use.
Reef Crystals have more calcium and alkalinity so if you move into more LPS and SPS it is good.
This is my tank with IO:
IMG_20231204_144218337.jpg
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 15 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new