New Reefer in NJ

Shoomie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone thanksfor the add. My name is Alek from Hawthorne in Passaic County. I work as a construction supervisor in NYC, a scuba diver and into ww2 reenactments. I have been a fresh fish guy for years and years. But moved to NJ from California (12years on the east coast), got married, had kids, bought a house and now caught the reefing bug.
I've been doing research since January. Books, YouTube, reading forums, askBRS etc...now Reef2Reef!
Currently im making plans to remodel my living room with a tank incorporated into the design.
In the meantime (other than research), I have been slowly collecting money and equipment. Planning on setting up a 90g Ocianic Tech.

Equipment Plan: (next purchases)
Vectra M2 for return
2 mp40s
Maxspect Razor r5 200w

lighting is my current delema. I'm trying to balance budget and par capabilities. I'm very interested in the Maxspect, wondering if the light mentioned above would work for a mix LPS/SPS 90g 48" in a hood.

Again, thank you for accepting me to this forum. I'm very eager and excited (patience is key though) to start this hobby and equally excited to meet like minded tank mates! With a goal to be successful, I hope soon to make a goal to help new reefers starting out as well!

best,
Alek (Shoomie)

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R Alek!
giphy.gif

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Alek, Welcome to R2R! For your lighting I would look at a T5/LED hybrid setup...

This thread has lots of inspiration... some though would break the bank. I'd also keep my eye on the marketplace here lots of equipment comes through and you can get a good deal if you're patient.
giphy.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
In my late teen years, I lived in Elmwood Park and worked at Teterboro Airport off rt 4. Talk about next door !!

welcome44.png

Back