New Reefer, loving this community so far!

OP
OP
Fink

Fink

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are several reef and aquarium clubs in Virginia:

What part of Virginia are you located? @Chrisfish may be able to offer some additional insights.
I just posted in the Virginia forum you linked. I'm really close to Charlottesville, VA, unfortunately the three closest saltwater LFS are about 90 minutes from me :(

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! No question is a dumb question. This hobby takes time and care, go slow ask lots of questions and research everything... equipment, corals you name it.
Looking forward to seeing how your reef journey progresses!
1590938842303.jpeg

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning,
I've been lurking on these forums for a while, and recently started a saltwater tank because I got a really good deal from a friend on his old 32g Biocube. I've already received tons of good advice from the folks on this forum, and just wanted to say thank you. I've got tons more questions, but I'll try to space them out so I'm not spamming the forums.
20200530_125501.jpg
nice tank, and welcome!

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just posted in the Virginia forum you linked. I'm really close to Charlottesville, VA, unfortunately the three closest saltwater LFS are about 90 minutes from me :(
Welcome to R2R!! I’m in Virginia Beach and there some good LFS here @Baby Ray lives up near you he might be able to help. Nice looking tank :)

Vette67

Reefing since 1997
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the reef! This forum is both a blessing and a curse. The information is fantastic. What that information will do to your wallet, you will curse. After spending some time on here recently, I realized I “needed” a booster pump for my RO/DI system. I didn’t need one for 25 years, but this forum brought that to my attention. My wallet lost that battle. So welcome. Lots of great people here.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

muzikalmatt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Welcome to the addiction and to R2R! You won't find a more friendly, knowledgeable group of people!

I'm located in Roanoke and we have a couple of good LFS's here: Ultimate Aquariums and Alien Aquatics. Feel free to stop by the SWVA Reefers sub-forum and say hi!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back