New reefer seachem marine buffer mistake

ue222

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I used one dose of Seachem marine buffer before realizing it is not intended for reef tanks and contains things like borate that aren’t good for reef tanks and/or can mess with alk tests. I also likely didn’t even need to use it. Definitely rookie mistake.

Will my fish, LPS (hammer and favia) and softies be ok with this one dose of marine buffer in the tank and let regular water changes remove the stuff in the buffer or should I be concerned and increasing my water changes. Any advice appreciated. kH before dosing was 8.5. pH was 7.8. I believe pH was low just due to lower oxygenation or sample being taken in morning which is why I say I didn’t even need to use the buffer. kH after is between 10 and 11

OP
OP
U

ue222

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I indicated in the other thread, it's not a concern. :)
Thank you so much for letting me know! And yes I’m sorry new to r2r posted thread in reef chemistry first and couldn’t figure out how to delete a thread I posted.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much for letting me know! And yes I’m sorry new to r2r posted thread in reef chemistry first and couldn’t figure out how to delete a thread I posted.

Not a problem. Welcome to Reef2Reef. :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 153 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.3%
Back