New reefer seachem marine buffer mistake

ue222

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 21, 2023
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I used one dose of Seachem marine buffer before realizing it is not intended for reef tanks and contains things like borate that aren’t good for reef tanks and/or can mess with alk tests. I also likely didn’t even need to use it. Definitely rookie mistake.

Will my fish, LPS (hammer and favia) and softies be ok with this one dose of marine buffer in the tank and let regular water changes remove the stuff in the buffer or should I be concerned and increasing my water changes. Any advice appreciated. kH before dosing was 8.5. pH was 7.8. I believe pH was low just due to lower oxygenation or sample being taken in morning which is why I say I didn’t even need to use the buffer. kH after is between 10 and 11
 
As I indicated in the other thread, it's not a concern. :)
Thank you so much for letting me know! And yes I’m sorry new to r2r posted thread in reef chemistry first and couldn’t figure out how to delete a thread I posted.
 
Thank you so much for letting me know! And yes I’m sorry new to r2r posted thread in reef chemistry first and couldn’t figure out how to delete a thread I posted.

Not a problem. Welcome to Reef2Reef. :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new