Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

WEP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey R2R,
Been keeping freshwater tanks for as long as I can remember. Growing up my dad had a 150 gallon tank that I adored. I have finally decided though that I want to try a saltwater tank. I have both a 56 marineland column tank and a 75 normal model. Not sure which I want to go with yet. I hear people often say the bigger the better but I dont want to bite off more than I can chew either. I am currently doing lots of research and planning to try and avoid as many mistakes as I can. I already watched the BRS 52 week videos and I also watch some other YouTube reefers. Hopefully this venture can turn out successful and I can post a build thread sooner rather than later!

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and reefing.!!:)

I personally like the 75 range of tank but will go larger for my next build. Reefing is all about patients:)

mike werner

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!As stated above 75 gal is a great way to start out.It allows you to learn at the same time being a little more forgiving with the mistakes we all make in the beginning.Time will be your friend in your new endeavor and when in doubt search out your answers here on r2r.I can't think of a better place for solving the problems we all encounter than here.Best of luck on your new adventures into reefing.

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R :D

1CC90987-DF39-4E97-B5B9-FC31D6DB568B.gif

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy. The best size tank is the one that fits in the space you have . A column tank poses a few challenges. So if you are up for that go for it, if not go std. (std will be easier)

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 72 38.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back