New Reefer

jmanzella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m fairly new back in the hobby. I bought a used RedSeaMax 250. I am not using the top of the unit as it produced way to much heat. I bought 2 used radion gen2 xr30’s. I have them dispensed from the ceiling and they are 9 in above the water. I bought a reef link reef to control the lights. I also built a screen top i bought from BRS. I was not pleased with the backfiltration so I added a sump. I am using both for filtration and to accommodate my probes and heater in the back unit. I have my protein skimmer in the sump. and i’m using. 4” sock. I’m running a 2k icecap hydro gyre with its own controller running at 65% flow. My ATO is Tunze controller and pump. I just installed Neptune Apex and I think I hooked it up correctly. I’m wondering why my ORP probe is reading 171 only. Any responses will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Reefers Jeff.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appears to me that with the amount of resourcefulness that you have already displayed you’re going to be a huge success at this,
welcome and I think you’ll find all the support you need to get through the troubles you will certainly have ahead of you
reef long and prosper

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Supa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m fairly new back in the hobby. I bought a used RedSeaMax 250. I am not using the top of the unit as it produced way to much heat. I bought 2 used radion gen2 xr30’s. I have them dispensed from the ceiling and they are 9 in above the water. I bought a reef link reef to control the lights. I also built a screen top i bought from BRS. I was not pleased with the backfiltration so I added a sump. I am using both for filtration and to accommodate my probes and heater in the back unit. I have my protein skimmer in the sump. and i’m using. 4” sock. I’m running a 2k icecap hydro gyre with its own controller running at 65% flow. My ATO is Tunze controller and pump. I just installed Neptune Apex and I think I hooked it up correctly. I’m wondering why my ORP probe is reading 171 only. Any responses will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Reefers Jeff.
Welcome! I started the same tank not long ago, it’s a nice tank

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 143 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back