New Reefer

JXNATC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m fairly new back in the hobby. I bought a used RedSeaMax 250. I am not using the top of the unit as it produced way to much heat. I bought 2 used radion gen2 xr30’s. I have them dispensed from the ceiling and they are 9 in above the water. I bought a reef link reef to control the lights. I also built a screen top i bought from BRS. I was not pleased with the backfiltration so I added a sump. I am using both for filtration and to accommodate my probes and heater in the back unit. I have my protein skimmer in the sump. and i’m using. 4” sock. I’m running a 2k icecap hydro gyre with its own controller running at 65% flow. My ATO is Tunze controller and pump. I just installed Neptune Apex and I think I hooked it up correctly. I’m wondering why my ORP probe is reading 171 only. Any responses will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Reefers Jeff.

Attachments

• 70433.png
    70433.png
    57 KB · Views: 23

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m fairly new back in the hobby. I bought a used RedSeaMax 250. I am not using the top of the unit as it produced way to much heat. I bought 2 used radion gen2 xr30’s. I have them dispensed from the ceiling and they are 9 in above the water. I bought a reef link reef to control the lights. I also built a screen top i bought from BRS. I was not pleased with the backfiltration so I added a sump. I am using both for filtration and to accommodate my probes and heater in the back unit. I have my protein skimmer in the sump. and i’m using. 4” sock. I’m running a 2k icecap hydro gyre with its own controller running at 65% flow. My ATO is Tunze controller and pump. I just installed Neptune Apex and I think I hooked it up correctly. I’m wondering why my ORP probe is reading 171 only. Any responses will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Reefers Jeff.

Welcome! Glad you joined.

Post #10 has link that may help with your follow-up question within this welcome thread. If you don't find answer searching online or looking in that thread link, then there is another Forum area for general hardware questions that people monitor threads over in that other area and you are more likely to get speedy response over there.

This weekend I'm going to Aquashella Dallas and Neptune anchors aisle that has my local club booth. Likely will know much more about that probe by end of weekend ... and who know what I may bring home (giggle)!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. Like you, I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). Much of your post would already be great for start - just have to retype (copy) into new thread under Forum > Member Aquariums > ...size... then once created link it up

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R. Time to start a build tread. We are interested to how you are doing things
Welcome to R2R.JPG

OP
OP
jmanzella

jmanzella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I clean the glass weekly as my tank is pretty well established. When the tank was newer I had to clean it every day.

Back