New Reefer!

LeannaBanana

Fishies and Frenchies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! How old are your girls? (I mean, you don't have to be specific or answer obviously!) I started "training" my youngling when he was about 7-8ish, and now that he's a teen some days he's "too cool" (my words not his) to help with the tanks, others he's in there doing a deeper inventory and investigation than I am. :face-with-tears-of-joy: It's so fun to share with the kiddos!

Wrassenaround

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome-5.gif

Welcome to Reef2Reef! You should start a build thread so we can keep track of your build!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,

I am excited for my girls and I to start our own reef together. They love fish and I find this to be a great learning opportunity and get them emerged in science in practice.

We will be starting out with a 50-64 gallon tank

Glad to be a member of this great forum!

Regards,
Mav

Hi Mav and Welcome! Glad you joined. I'm Lisa and I love hearing more women/femails/girls are coming into the hobby! Its a great family hobby; my daughter is 14.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in Houston (also look for HAM and MARSH on FaceBook):

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

Pacmtg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,

I am excited for my girls and I to start our own reef together. They love fish and I find this to be a great learning opportunity and get them emerged in science in practice.

We will be starting out with a 50-64 gallon tank

Glad to be a member of this great forum!

Regards,
Mav
Welcome Mav. The hobby is even more enjoyable when the kids get involved. We started similarly but somehow all the maintenance fell to me now!:thinking-face:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 148 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back