New reefmat 500 not auto advancing - help

WrasseyReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Hi everyone,

I’m at a loss. This is a brand new reef mat 500 installed yesterday. It will not auto advance. I’ve gotten the error #1 and #2. It’ll say “high water” or “check installation of drive unit and sensor”. I’m at a loss, because I have triple checked both the sensor and the driver. Both seem to be installed correctly and the driver says right side in the app and it’s on the right side of the roller. The sensor can’t go on any other way. The roll isn’t torn or kinked. I made sure the roll was installed exactly as described and pictured in the manual and Red Sea video. I can get it to manually advance, but it won’t auto advance. Please help.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's get you some answers. :)

OP
OP
W

WrasseyReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Thanks for your reply. I was able to figure it out. Can’t flip the head unit around. I did that to be able to utilize the hob feature in a different orientation. It messes with the drivers ability to know direction.

peterhos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I’m at a loss. This is a brand new reef mat 500 installed yesterday. It will not auto advance. I’ve gotten the error #1 and #2. It’ll say “high water” or “check installation of drive unit and sensor”. I’m at a loss, because I have triple checked both the sensor and the driver. Both seem to be installed correctly and the driver says right side in the app and it’s on the right side of the roller. The sensor can’t go on any other way. The roll isn’t torn or kinked. I made sure the roll was installed exactly as described and pictured in the manual and Red Sea video. I can get it to manually advance, but it won’t auto advance. Please help.
Maybe you did what I stupidly did. There is a basket below the fleece with 2 rollers inside. I inserted the whole basket over the fleece, whereas you need to run the fleece under the 2 rollers in that lower basket, not under the whole basket. The 2 rollers come out easily, insert the fleece, refit rollers. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
W

WrasseyReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Maybe you did what I stupidly did. There is a basket below the fleece with 2 rollers inside. I inserted the whole basket over the fleece, whereas you need to run the fleece under the 2 rollers in that lower basket, not under the whole basket. The 2 rollers come out easily, insert the fleece, refit rollers. Hope this helps.
Thanks for your reply. I solved the problem. See above.

tfertitta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I had the same issue with mine. The work around is very simple. Get a Side Mounted Horizontal Liquid Float Switch Water Level Sensor Black for Aquariums Tank DPL-1-BK you can find it on Amazon. Once you get it you twist 1wire on each probe and then mount the float valve on the filter and it works

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 122 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.6%
Back