New RODI system and TDS meter

Hilltopreef90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently installed a brand new RODI system and my in line tds meter is reading 7 , I read that initially the reading can be high but eventually goes to 0. It’s been a week and I’ve run over 20 gallons of water through the system and it’s still reading 6-7 tds. Is this normal? When ca. I expect it to read zero and how can I know if the water is safe to use ?
My old RODI never read above 1-2 and I would change the filters and resins when it went above 0.

leighton.bingham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you checked your DI filter and see if it got damaged due installation? Mine was damaged on the top where it screws in and was reading the same thing I just purchased a new one and it’s 0 now

OP
OP
Hilltopreef90

Hilltopreef90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What location is the tds meter measuring?
I’m not sure what you mean ? It’s on the last DI resin canister and it measures in and out
Currently the in setting and out settings read almost the same 7 or higher
I have another question
I have a 6 stage and I’m currently using an anion single bed resin followed by a mixed bed resin on the last canister. Is it better to run two mixed bed resins or is it better to run it the way I am

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure what you mean ? It’s on the last DI resin canister and it measures in and out
Currently the in setting and out settings read almost the same 7 or higher
I have another question
I have a 6 stage and I’m currently using an anion single bed resin followed by a mixed bed resin on the last canister. Is it better to run two mixed bed resins or is it better to run it the way I am

That is what i meant your first post only said "my in line tds meter is reading 7"

OP
OP
Hilltopreef90

Hilltopreef90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 5 stage Rodi system that I added a 6th stage to. my last two canisters are resins, the 5th is a blue anion di resin , 6 is a mixed bed di resin
Wouid I be better off using the mixed di resin in both canisters?
I’m curious why a 6 stage that you purchase already assembled comes with two mixed bed resins in the last two canisters instead of Anion and a mixed di resin

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back