New RODI w Booster Pump 30PSI, Shaking

Nobes91

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 3, 2025
Messages
16
Reaction score
33
Location
leduc
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I just installed my first rodi system and am having issues.

I installed the system with no booster pump initially and was only getting about 40psi and still high tds. I added a booster pump to the system and now am somehow getting 30PSI.

While getting 30PSI the auto shut off valve and booster bump vibrate a lot. This continues after unplugging the booster pump until I shut down the water supply.

I have the system plumbed as it shows in the attached picture (without a low pressure switch as everything I’ve read said they are unnecessary).

Any ideas what the issue might be? Or any trouble shooting ideas?

Thanks!

Mack

IMG_5321.jpeg IMG_5319.jpeg IMG_5320.jpeg
 
Bumping this, I am wondering if it is because it is getting too much pressure causing it to shake
 
You have a number of issues going on there, including system plumbing issues. Feel free to give us a call when you're in front of the system.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new