New saltwater hobbyists

Landenb20

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 20, 2021
Messages
31
Reaction score
32
Location
Merced
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nitrates Super High During Cycle? I just started my first saltwater tank one week ago after a few years of freshwater keeping and it’s been quite exciting getting it all set up. I’m not really super old or even out of high school yet so I don’t really have a job so i wanted to make it as affordable to myself as possible. Unfortunately I started with a 3 gallon pico thinking itd be cool to have a mini reef to start but I found through research it’d be much more challenging at the size I have to keep up with parameters but I don’t plan on having much bioload. I’ve got my master kit and after 10 days my nitrites are at 0ppm but nitrates at 80!?!? I have 0ppm on ammonia and I’ve got 4 stomatella snails hitchhiked from the live rock. Someone pls help me to figure out my nitrates problem because I’m not sure if I should do water changes or just keep topping off the tank for another month and test then? Please help!!!!!
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
Upvote 0
Welcome to the R2R community
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new