New symbiotic relationship?

gingeramoeba

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 28, 2023
Messages
53
Reaction score
21
Location
Kirkland
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think my blue hermit has confused himself for a clownfish, and my green polyp leather with an anemone. I will remove the little guy and within seconds he’ll be nestled back in the leather. I guess isn’t not really symbiotic because the hermit is probably just annoying the coral while the hermit gets a nice comfy place to rest. However, It is quite adorable.

No questions, just thought I would share (:

*Yes, I know my tank is super bare. I am a new reefer and still working out my aquascape.
IMG_7629.jpeg
IMG_7631.jpeg
IMG_7637.jpeg
 
I've had hermits that get attached to certain coral but have no idea why. I had one that was perching on a coral (can't remember the coral) but I would pluck it off and back it would go. I even tossed it to the other end of the 6ft and in about 10 minutes it was back. I ended up pulling it because the coral started looking annoyed.
 
I've had hermits that get attached to certain coral but have no idea why. I had one that was perching on a coral (can't remember the coral) but I would pluck it off and back it would go. I even tossed it to the other end of the 6ft and in about 10 minutes it was back. I ended up pulling it because the coral started looking annoyed.
Surprisingly, the coral is fully open and seems quite content. It only got annoyed when I kicked the hermit out and it got back on. I’m just going to monitor but I think I’ll let them have their moment. Sorry yours didn’t work out ):
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new