New tank build

Schaefer20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to get a SCA 120 or 150. Not sure if I’m getting in over my head starting with this size. Should I do the PNP or get a tank only and build from there? What would be a good setup for a beginner if I don’t get the PNP? Are their sump, pumps and skimmers quality or worth their package cost. I’m even thinking of building my own stand. Any ideas would be appreciated.

ndrwater

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO bigger is always better. Simple reason is things change much more slowly with the greater water quality.
But... Bigger also means more $ spent on equipment. Knowing that going in will help you plan for success.

OP
OP
S

Schaefer20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO bigger is always better. Simple reason is things change much more slowly with the greater water quality.
But... Bigger also means more $ spent on equipment. Knowing that going in will help you plan for success.
After consulting with the wife, we came up with a better plan I think. We are going to do a sca 50 PNP to get started. I will then do a 120 custom build. I guess it pays to take the wife to the lfs and get her interested.

Stevel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok guys my honey got me a nice new tank it’s a 120 show tank . She really shouldn’t have . I love her soo much. But now the build begins need to build stand and canopy. I have a extra sump so just need to get a bunch of rock . I want to landscape it before adding water. Thinking of not putting sand in it ? Seen the show tank at WWC with no sand and it was amazing!!

CasaReefer

Promoted To Sponge
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Schaefer20, Welcome to R2R... Glad your getting your feet wet.. Always a Good Idea to get the Wife on board. Excised to see your build thread and pics documenting your journey :)

Stevel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok almost done with stand just giving update on my new 120 build. Next on to tank

7E3A9215-540F-4000-9215-CC78BAF14FA2.jpeg

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 31 29.5%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 28 26.7%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 22.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 22 21.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back