New tank build

whitewaterman53

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 20, 2020
Messages
24
Reaction score
22
Location
Cleveland
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to start on a new build but have been out of the hobby for ~8yrs. Have a 40 gal breeder with 20gal DIY sump that I want to be a mixed reef. Overflow is an Eshopps Prodigy M. Could use some advise re: should I drill two 1/2 or 3/4 returns. I have been looking @ RO 110sss skimmer and Varios 4 return. Please let me know your thoughts on the returns,
 
Awesome! I'm not the best when it comes to plumbing but I would think with the 3/4" returns you're going to be able to get more turnover! But will you need that much on a 40?
 
That was kind of my question but thanks for the input. I also have not seen what going to 1/2 tubing means in head pressure.
 
Welcome! See my build thread as I am setting up the same thing. I am using one half inch pipe for my 800 gph overflow. And will be doing one return same size - half inch.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new