New Tank Syndrome

Sometimes people already have everything they need before adding who knows what to their system. Be patient, shortcuts aren't always good.
 
add snails and hermits that’s what I always keep. Stays nice. I always get hair algae on frags I do a coral dip and after one night it’s gone. Actually just got a urchin and the tank is spotless now
 
Green Hair Algea! Hey guys (n gals) - I am a newbie here at R2R and as of Jan. I am a reborn again reefer, having a 30 Gl and a 200 Gl back in the mid 90's which I had to give up. So in Feb. I started a Pico Tank 2.5 Gl - Live Rock and Sand with Ocean Water, I was good to go from day 1 ~ I ordered the HOB and a Heater and the HOB within hours turned into an SOB! It faulted and the temp in the tank became 101 I then had a problem with Green Hair Algea, so I saw that BRS recommended Hydrogen Peroxide They say after using the spray technique no corals or fish were affected. So I decided to use my own technique (trailblazer me-LOL) I poured 3 capfulls into the tank (1- 3/4 Gl) and within hours to my surprise I watched more than half the rock turn a deep Purple! The Algea went away, but then I had an outbreak of Aptasia - and a Peppermint Shrimp got his belly full.....
 

Attachments

  • rock 6.JPG
    rock 6.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 80

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new