Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes people already have everything they need before adding who knows what to their system. Be patient, shortcuts aren't always good.

heybae

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
add snails and hermits that’s what I always keep. Stays nice. I always get hair algae on frags I do a coral dip and after one night it’s gone. Actually just got a urchin and the tank is spotless now

Gail54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Green Hair Algea! Hey guys (n gals) - I am a newbie here at R2R and as of Jan. I am a reborn again reefer, having a 30 Gl and a 200 Gl back in the mid 90's which I had to give up. So in Feb. I started a Pico Tank 2.5 Gl - Live Rock and Sand with Ocean Water, I was good to go from day 1 ~ I ordered the HOB and a Heater and the HOB within hours turned into an SOB! It faulted and the temp in the tank became 101 I then had a problem with Green Hair Algea, so I saw that BRS recommended Hydrogen Peroxide They say after using the spray technique no corals or fish were affected. So I decided to use my own technique (trailblazer me-LOL) I poured 3 capfulls into the tank (1- 3/4 Gl) and within hours to my surprise I watched more than half the rock turn a deep Purple! The Algea went away, but then I had an outbreak of Aptasia - and a Peppermint Shrimp got his belly full.....

Attachments

• rock 6.JPG
    rock 6.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 28

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back