New tank with AI Primes

Burnometer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my new tank is cycled and ready to go. I have my Primes set up for a fish only schedule, but when I do get corals, how intense should I run them? I like more of a daylight look so I would prefer to run all the channels at the same intensity, but I also want to grow corals without sun burning them. Any thoughts? It’s a standard 29 gallon with two Prime HD’s.

33ED42E3-966A-431E-BD24-4DD1D5B13012.jpeg

Finhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What corals are you looking to add? I assume LPS and soties since it's a brand new tank. I would start around the mid point That should get you around 50 ish PAR on the sandbed with 2 pirmes. You'll want to run more Blues/Viloets than white though, you can bleach out corals pretty quickly with too much white.

Michael Llabona

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll have to do more on the blue side. Once your eyes adjust you wouldn't even notice the difference. Also the blues will make the colors on your fish pop. It's a win win. On my biocube I was running my blues at 80% and my whites at about 20%. Since you have 2 primes I would start much lower. Since you got the primes I would use the Kelvin meter setting and see what you like most. But ultimately you want to be in the 14k-20k range for best chance of coral success.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back