New tank!!!

Very nice, following along and looking forward to future updates.
 
Looks great. Hope the wife doesn't hulk up when she sees this.
 
Ok so it is cycled and ready to go....I want to eventually put a tang and snails for algae. Maybe 2 firefish and the main thing wifey wants is 2 seahorses. I am going to add like 2 bags of tisbie pods right away. Regarding macros in display...what should I put in? Also because it's a new tank are the macros going to have a problem seeing there will be no nitrates? If so is there a way to add nitrates safely? Food I'm guessing but how much?
 
Ok so it is cycled and ready to go....I want to eventually put a tang and snails for algae. Maybe 2 firefish and the main thing wifey wants is 2 seahorses. I am going to add like 2 bags of tisbie pods right away. Regarding macros in display...what should I put in? Also because it's a new tank are the macros going to have a problem seeing there will be no nitrates? If so is there a way to add nitrates safely? Food I'm guessing but how much?

Adding macros now would be a good idea. I would recommend feeding the tank as though you were feeding your future inhabitants. Adding macros can alter the spikes that you see in your tests.
 
I like red gracillera, dragon's breath, red bone grass. I am a huge fan of the red algaes. I would check out reef cleaners and see what they have available.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new