New to Apex - Newbie Question

boacvh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. I finally decided to get a controller and got the Apex. Been playing around with the setup and had a question I couldn't find the answer for here yet.
I have 3 small wave pumps (not the wavs) that I would like to control with the Apex if possible. Mostly just on/off, not thinking of any complicated programming at all. Is it ok if i plug all 3 in a power bar and plug the power bar into one of the EB outputs? or do I have to plug each in a separate output? trying to save as much output "real estate" as I can, so don't want to lose 3 outputs just for on/off wave pumps and trying to avoid getting an additional EB bar.
Thanks!

ksfulk

Working back towards clean
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Assuming you are just using the Apex for on/off functionality, then you could do what you have described above. Just plugging them into the powerbar doesnt "control" them, however. Changing speeds, ramp times, etc is either done using the 0-10v ports in conjunction with the pumps controller, or with some other 3rd party device.

If you want to simply turn all three on/off at the same time, then yes, a 3:1 plug would work. Otherwise, you would need to use a wavemaker to get that kind of functionality (for pumps without controllers) or the controller boxes for some of the other pumps (Tunze, Ecotech, etc)

corresnake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I whould do an extensión cord since its not alot of room for a 3 plung, and a extra leng on the cable can help u to place them on different places.

OP
OP
boacvh

boacvh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Assuming you are just using the Apex for on/off functionality, then you could do what you have described above. Just plugging them into the powerbar doesnt "control" them, however. Changing speeds, ramp times, etc is either done using the 0-10v ports in conjunction with the pumps controller, or with some other 3rd party device.

If you want to simply turn all three on/off at the same time, then yes, a 3:1 plug would work. Otherwise, you would need to use a wavemaker to get that kind of functionality (for pumps without controllers) or the controller boxes for some of the other pumps (Tunze, Ecotech, etc)
Perfect thanks! Yes for now it's just on/off functionality

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 15.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 59 55.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.5%
Back