New to forum- Anemone Identification?

Bugzyboy41

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All!
I am about to get into the saltwater hobby for the very first time with a Waterbox 25. I am picking up the setup in a couple of days and was wondering if anyone can identify the two anemones they are giving to me. I want to say rainbow BTA but not 100% sure.

On a side note, I will likely start a build thread as soon as I start setting it up. I can’t stress enough how happy I am to finally start my very own reef tank. I know the Liveaquaria website like the back of my hand from looking at different species and most of my free time goes into researching new gear and ideas in the hobby. I feel I know more than most when it comes to the theory side of the hobby. But nothing compares to the knowledge and experience of actually running a tank. Looking forward to the journey and I can’t wait to hear people’s thoughts!

Also, tang police… I am very aware that the person I am picking the tank up from has a Blue tang in the tank and I have already rightfully lectured them on the requirements and responsibilities of keeping a tang. They assure me that they are selling this tank to upgrade to a bigger one.

729155A4-A4D7-49ED-98AA-8A519B50B88F.jpeg

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be a rose, could be a rainbow. Impossible to tell from that pic.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a BTA. Rainbow BTA is not one of the named cultivars. “Rainbow BTA” just mean it has two or more colors. Usually green and orange (tan does not count as a color). With this definition, which is the most commonly accepted definition of Rainbow BTA, you have a Rainbow BTA.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 154 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.2%
Back