New to Forum

Rifken

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I am new to the forum and have come here seeking help and knowledge. My wife and I are not new to aquariums but it's been a bit. We got started in Las Vegas of all places while I was stationed there in the mid to late eighties. We had both fresh and salt water and we continued the hobby when I was reassigned to Tampa, FL. In 1994 we left Tampa to move to Holloman AFB where we still are now. We only got back into the hobby a few years ago starting with two 65 gallon tanks which have morphed into four 125 gallon tanks. Two are fresh water and two are salt.

I need some advise on our saltwater tanks, one in particular. They are both FOWLR tanks. One is suppose to a "friendly" tank and currently has a Maroon Clown, two Banggai cardinalfish and an a Palenose Moray Eel. The tank I want to ask about is our "predator" tank and currently has a Blue Velvet Damselfish, a Two-Stripe Damselfish and a Snowflake Moray Eel. I need to get some specifics, mainly timeline info and then I will post down in the forum.

Thanks for reading my post,
-Bob

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Wasabiroot

Valonia Slayer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! I recommend getting a few solid books to help you on your journey. Works by Fenner, Scott Michaels, Ron Shimek, etc are all solid choices, for example. You may ask a question here and get 10 answers, some of them conflicting. It's likely best to find someone with positive results and an easy to follow system then try to emulate them. There are many ways to approach the hobby. Having a mentor here or someone you can bounce ideas off of helps too.

There's quite a few experts here as well that can help with resident info. #reefsquad can help. If you have followup questions, I'm sure someone in the Fish Discussion group can also chime in.

Looking forward to pics!

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 44 33.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 41 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back