New... To it all.

  • Thread starter Thread starter 300 Kayaks
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Kayaks, I'm in much the same situation you are. Getting ready to set up my first aquarium in 20+ years and first ever reef tank. I have a goal of getting water in the box the week of Thanksgiving. Right now I am very much in the planning and learning phase.
The one thing I am doing and would recommend you do while you are researching is keeping an eye on Craigslist and the For Sale section of these forums. I look for good deals on used, high quality, equipment. It's a great way to save some money and potentially learn from others. Just don't buy anything until you are sure it fits what you want the end result to be.
 
Well advised, I did have a 10 gallon nano years and years ago. Lesson learned.

Thank you
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new